The Pico NVH Diagnostic STANDARD Kit in Carry Case lets you use a "4th axis" to locate the source of a vibration. For example, get base line readings with the 3-axis accelerometer connected to the seat rail, then move the "4th axis" to the left front, RF, LR and RR of the vehicle to determine where the vibration is strongest.
The PicoDiagnostics NVH Kit provides you with the hardware and software needed to your use PicoScope for Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) analysis. If your customer can feel it or hear it, you can find it:
• Cabin vibrations at speed
• Engine vibrations throughout the entire rev range
• Clutch judder/vibration
• Transmission and bearing whine
• Auxiliary drive noise
• Brake judder
• Steering vibrations
Connect Pico's 3-axis accelerometer to the vehicle and use the software to display a real-time bar graph for each type of vibration (T-tire, E-engine, P-Propshaft) in three different planes: Vertical, Lateral, Front/Back. After you determine the type of vibration and in which plane it occurs, use the Pico NVH Assist to review a list of the most likely causes and then focus your efforts on those systems and components. For example, if a “T” vibration occurs in the “Lateral” plane suspect the tires and related components; if an “E” vibration occurs in the “Vertical” plane don’t balance the tires, suspect the engine mounts.
Analysis files can be recorded for playback, saved for future reference, and printed to help explain the diagnosis and repair to your customer.
Speed and RPM measurements can be added to the analysis, additional hardware required and sold separately.
Requirements to run Pico NVH
The NVH interface unit connects to your Automotive PicoScope (sold separately) via a BNC cable and uses the free PicoDiagnostics NVH software.
Required hardware: 4-channel PicoScope 4425, 4423 Automotive oscilloscope.
Required software: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (not Windows RT) to run the free PicoDiagnostics NVH software.
Activation required: An unlock code is required in order to allow your PicoScope to work with the PicoDiagnostics NVH software. This unlock key is limited to one PicoScope Automotive scope and is not transferable. To obtain an unlock code you will email the serial numbers for both the NVH module and your PicoScope module to Pico.
Optional hardware for live RPM readings:
- J2534 Scan Tool or VCI (not included) or Elm327.
- Synch probe such as the Inductive Pickup Probe.
The software also lets you enter a static RPM.
• Kit includes two 3-axis accelerometers and 2 microphones
• Software provides full screen, high-resolution results and analysis, sharing and attaching to customer records
• Displays data as bar graph, frequency chart, 3D frequency chart, Road Speed chart, RPM Order chart.
• Record up to 500 seconds of data to laptop or PC. No external memory required.
• For quick diagnosis use the simple bar charts.
• For full analysis, use the advanced features such as waterfall and spectral displays
• Detects multiple vehicle vibrations
• Take it on road tests and record the results for playback in the shop
• Use for dynamic driveline balancing: Direct support for pinion flange, single weight, and hose clamp methods; Step-by-step procedures with help and graphical displays
• Use a J2534-compliant interface to acquire engine speed data, or signal input – particularly useful for older or non-compliant vehicles.
• Import WAV audio files (vehicle noise recorded by a customer)
• Report function to help you explain the diagnosis and repair to the customer
• Free software updates
The Pico 4-axis NVH Diagnostic Kit contains the following items:
- 2 - 3-axis NVH interface unit
- 2 - MEMS Accelerometer (TA143)
- 2 - Mounting magnet for accelerometer (TA096)
- 2 - Microphone (TA144)
- 1 - Cable: NVH to Scope module, 0.5m Blue (TA243)
- 1 - Cable: NVH to Scope module, 0.5m Red (TA244)
- 1 - Cable: NVH to Scope module, 0.5m Green (TA245)
- 1 - Cable: NVH to Scope module, 0.5m Yellow (TA260)
- 4 - Extension cable (3 meters) (TA145)
- 1 - Software: NVH license for one PicoScope module, not transferable
- 1 - Case