Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Platform and/or use of the Services are restricted to Customers with accounts only. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorized access to such parts of this Platform and/or Services, or to any other protected information, through any means not intentionally made available by us for your specific use.
1. Definitions & Interpretation
2. General use of Services and/or access of Platform
2.1 Guidelines to the use of Platform and/or Services: You agree to comply with any and all the guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions pertaining to the use of the Services and/or access to the Platform, as well as any amendments to the aforementioned, issued by us, from time to time. We reserve the right to revise these guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions at any time and you are deemed to be aware of and bound by any changes to the foregoing upon their publication on the Platform.
2.2 Restricted activities: You agree and undertake NOT to:
- (a) impersonate any person or entity or to falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- (b) use the Platform or Services for illegal purposes;
- (c) attempt to gain unauthorized access to or otherwise interfere or disrupt other computer systems or networks connected to the Platform or Services;
- (d) post, promote or transmit through the Platform or Services any Prohibited Materials;
- (e) interfere with another’s utilization and enjoyment of the Platform or Services;
- (f) use or upload, in any way, any software or material that contains, or which you have reason to suspect that contains, viruses, damaging components, malicious code or harmful components which may impair or corrupt the Platform’s data or damage or interfere with the operation of another Customer’s computer or mobile device or the Platform or Services; and
- (g) use the Platform or Services other than in conformance with the acceptable use policies of any connected computer networks, any applicable Internet standards and any other applicable laws.
2.3 Availability of Platform and Services: We may, from time to time and without giving any reason or prior notice, upgrade, modify, suspend or discontinue the provision of or remove, whether in whole or in part, the Platform or any Services and shall not be liable if any such upgrade, modification, suspension or removal prevents you from accessing the Platform or any part of the Services.
2.4 Right, but not obligation, to monitor content: We reserve the right, but shall not be obliged to:
- (a) monitor, screen or otherwise control any activity, content or material on the Platform and/or through the Services. We may in our sole and absolute discretion, investigate any violation of the terms and conditions contained herein and may take any action it deems appropriate;
- (b) prevent or restrict access of any Customer to the Platform and/or the Services;
- (c) report any activity it suspects to be in violation of any applicable law, statute or regulation to the appropriate authorities and to co-operate with such authorities; and/or
- (d) to request any information and data from you in connection with your use of the Services and/or access of the Platform at any time and to exercise our right under this paragraph if you refuse to divulge such information and/or data or if you provide or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that you have provided inaccurate, misleading or fraudulent information and/or data.
2.6 Terms & Conditions of Sale: Purchases of any Product would be subject to the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
3. Use of Services
3.2 Restrictions: Use of the Services is limited to authorised Customers that are of legal age and who have the legal capacity to enter into and form contracts under any applicable law. Customers who have breached or are in breach of the terms and conditions contained herein and Customers who have been permanently or temporarily suspended from use of any of the Services may not use the Services even if they satisfy the requirements of this Clause 3.2.
- (a) to access and/or use the Services only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner at all times and further agree to conduct any activity relating to the Services in good faith; and
- (b) to ensure that any information or data you post or cause to appear on the Platform in connection with the Services is accurate and agree to take sole responsibility for such information and data.
3.4 Product description: While we endeavour to provide an accurate description of the Products, we do not warrant that such description is accurate, current or free from error.
3.5 Prices of Products: All Listing Prices are subject to taxes, unless otherwise stated. We reserve the right to amend the Listing Prices at any time without giving any reason or prior notice.
3.6 Third Party Vendors: You acknowledge that parties other than toolsdepot.my (i.e. Third Party Vendors or Sellers) list and sell Products on the Platform. Whether a particular Product is listed for sale on the Platform by toolsdepot.my or a Third Party Vendor may be stated on the webpage listing that Product. For the avoidance of doubt, each agreement entered into for the sale of a Third Party Vendor’s Products to a Customer shall be an agreement entered into directly and only between the Third Party Vendor and the Customer.
4. Customers with toolsdepot.my accounts
4.1 Username/Password: Certain Services that may be made available on the Platform may require creation of an account with us or for you to provide Personal Data. If you request to create an account with us, a Username and Password may either be: (i) determined and issued to you by us; or (ii) provided by you and accepted by us in our sole and absolute discretion in connection with the use of the Services and/or access to the relevant Platform. We may at any time in our sole and absolute discretion, request that you update your Personal Data or forthwith invalidate the Username and/or Password without giving any reason or prior notice and shall not be liable or responsible for any Losses suffered by or caused by you or arising out of or in connection with or by reason of such request or invalidation. You hereby agree to change your Password from time to time and to keep the Username and Password confidential and shall be responsible for the security of your account and liable for any disclosure or use (whether such use is authorised or not) of the Username and/or Password. You should notify us immediately if you have knowledge that or have reason for suspecting that the confidentiality of the Username and/or Password has been compromised or if there has been any unauthorised use of the Username and/or Password or if your Personal Data requires updating.
4.2 Purported use/access: You agree and acknowledge that any use of the Services and/or any access to the Platform and any information, data or communications referable to your Username and Password shall be deemed to be, as the case may be:
- (a) access to the relevant Platform and/or use of the Services by you; or
- (b) information, data or communications posted, transmitted and validly issued by you.
- You agree to be bound by any access of the Platform and/or use of any Services (whether such access or use are authorised by you or not) and you agree that we shall be entitled (but not obliged) to act upon, rely on or hold you solely responsible and liable in respect thereof as if the same were carried out or transmitted by you. You further agree and acknowledge that you shall be bound by and agree to fully indemnify us against any and all Losses attributable to any use of any Services and/or or access to the Platform referable to your Username and Password.
5. Intellectual property
5.1 Ownership: The Intellectual Property in and to the Platform and the Materials are owned, licensed to or controlled by us, our licensors or our service providers. We reserve the right to enforce its Intellectual Property to the fullest extent of the law.
5.2 Restricted use: No part or parts of the Platform, or any Materials may be reproduced, reverse engineered, decompiled, disassembled, separated, altered, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, mirrored, framed, transferred or transmitted in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system or installed on any servers, system or equipment without our prior written permission or that of the relevant copyright owners. Subject to Clause 5.3, permission will only be granted to you to download, print or use the Materials for personal and non-commercial uses, provided that you do not modify the Materials and that we or the relevant copyright owners retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Materials.
6. Our limitation of responsibility and liability
6.1 No representations or warranties: The Services, the Platform and the Materials are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. All data and/or information contained in the Platform, the Services or the Materials are provided for informational purposes only. No representations or warranties of any kind, implied, express or statutory, including the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title, merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, are given in conjunction with the Platform, the Services or the Materials. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we do not warrant:
- (a) the accuracy, timeliness, adequacy, commercial value or completeness of all data and/or information contained in the Platform, the Services or the Materials;
- (b) that the Platform, the Services or that any of the Materials will be provided uninterrupted, secure or free from errors or omissions, or that any identified defect will be corrected;
- (c) that the Platform, the Services or the Materials are free from any computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macros; and
- (d) the security of any information transmitted by you or to you through the Platform or the Services, and you accept the risk that any information transmitted or received through the Services or the Platform may be accessed by unauthorised third parties and/or disclosed by us or our officers, employees or agents to third parties purporting to be you or purporting to act under your authority. Transmissions over the Internet and electronic mail may be subject to interruption, transmission blackout, delayed transmission due to internet traffic or incorrect data transmission due to the public nature of the Internet.
6.2 Exclusion of liability: toolsdepot.my indemnitees shall not be liable to you for any Losses whatsoever or howsoever caused (regardless of the form of action) arising directly or indirectly in connection with:
- (a) any access, use and/or inability to use the Platform or the Services;
- (b) reliance on any data or information made available through the Platform and/or through the Services. You should not act on such data or information without first independently verifying its contents;
- (c) any system, server or connection failure, error, omission, interruption, delay in transmission, computer virus or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent program or macros; and
- (d) any use of or access to any other website or webpage linked to the Platform, even if we or our officers or agents or employees may have been advised of, or otherwise might have anticipated, the possibility of the same.
6.3 At your own risk: Any risk of misunderstanding, error, damage, expense or Losses resulting from the use of the Platform is entirely at your own risk and we shall not be liable therefor.
7. Hyperlinks, and alerts
7.1 Hyperlinks: For your convenience, we may include hyperlinks to other websites or content on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Such linked websites or content are not under our control and we are not liable for any errors, omissions, delays, defamation, libel, slander, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, inaccuracy or any other objectionable material contained in the contents, or the consequences of accessing, any linked website. Any hyperlinks to any other websites or content are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content and you agree that your access to or use of such linked websites or content is entirely at your own risk.
7.2 Promotions: We may attach banners, java applets and/or such other materials to the Platform for the purposes of promoting our or our Third Party Vendors’ products and/or services. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to receive any payment, fee and/or commission in respect of any such promotional materials.
8. Your submissions and information
8.1 Submissions by you: You grant us a non-exclusive license to use the materials or information that you submit to the Platform and/or provide to us, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, “Submissions”). When you post comments or reviews to the Platform, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit or your Username in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may, but shall not be obligated to, publish, remove or edit your Submissions.
8.2 Consent to receive e-mails: You give your full, free, and unequivocal consent and authority to the collection, processing and use by us of any information provided by you (including Personal Data) for the purposes of sending informational and promotional e-mails and any and all communications, notices, updates and other information to you,. Your agreement to the provisions of this Clause 8.2 shall constitute your consent for the purpose of the provisions of any spam control laws (whether in Malaysia or elsewhere). You may subsequently opt out of receiving promotional e-mails by clicking on the appropriate hyperlink in any promotional e-mail.
8.3 toolsdepot.my may, from time to time, be required by government agencies to disclose certain information in connection with any audit or investigation. You understand that we are not required to contest any demand made by an (government) authority for such information.
10.1 Notices from us: All notices or other communications given to you if:
- (a) communicated through any print or electronic media as we may select will be deemed to be notified to you on the date of publication or broadcast; or
- (b) sent by post or left at your last known address will be deemed to be received by you on the day following such posting or on the day when it was so left.
10.2 Notices from you: You may only give notice to us in writing sent to our designated address or e-mail address, and we shall be deemed to have received such notice only upon receipt. While we endeavour to respond promptly to notices from you, we cannot guarantee that we will always respond with consistent speed.
10.3 Other modes: Notwithstanding Clauses 10.1 and 10.2, we may from time to time designate other acceptable modes of giving notices (including but not limited to e-mail or other forms of electronic communication) and the time or event by which such notice shall be deemed given.
11.6 Injunctive relief: We may seek immediate injunctive relief if we make a good faith determination that a breach or non-performance is such that a temporary restraining order or other immediate injunctive relief is the only appropriate or adequate remedy.
11.8 Correction of errors: Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any acceptance, invoice or other document on our part shall be subject to correction without any liability on our part.
11.12 Binding and conclusive: You acknowledge and agree that any records (including records of any telephone conversations relating to the Services, if any) maintained by us or our service providers relating to or in connection with the Platform and Services shall be binding and conclusive on you for all purposes whatsoever and shall be conclusive evidence of any information and/or data transmitted between us and you. You hereby agree that all such records are admissible in evidence and that you shall not challenge or dispute the admissibility, reliability, accuracy or the authenticity of such records merely on the basis that such records are in electronic form or are the output of a computer system, and you hereby waive any of your rights, if any, to so object.
11.13 Sub-contracting and delegation: We reserve the right to delegate or sub-contract the performance of any of our functions in connection with the Platform and/or Services and reserve the right to use any service providers, subcontractors and/or agents on such terms as we deem appropriate.
12. Voucher Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions (T&Cs) apply to your use and redemption of promotional vouchers or voucher codes, where such vouchers are offered for no consideration.
Definitions and Interpretation
1.1 “Customer” has the same meaning as in the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
1.2 “Intellectual Property” means all copyright, patents, utility innovations, trademarks and service marks, geographical indications, domain names, layout design rights, registered designs, design rights, database rights, trade or business names, rights protecting trade secrets and confidential information, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, and all other similar or corresponding proprietary rights and all applications for the same, whether presently existing or created in the future, anywhere in the world, whether registered or not, and all benefits, privileges, rights to sue, recover damages and obtain relief or other remedies for any past, current or future infringement, misappropriation or violation of any of the foregoing rights.
1.3 “toolsdepot.my indemnitees” means [Website name] and all of its respective officers, employees, directors, agents, contractors and assigns.
1.4 “toolsdepot.my”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to toolsdepot.my E-Services Malaysia, Inc., a company incorporated pursuant to the laws of Malaysia under registration number 865789-P and having its registered address at WSpace, Level 28, G Tower, Jalan Tun Razak, 50450, Kuala
1.5 “Listing Price” means the price of Products listed for sale to Customers, as stated on the Platform.
1.6 “Losses” means all penalties, losses, settlement sums, costs (including legal fees and expenses on a solicitor-client basis), charges, expenses, actions, proceedings, claims, demands and other liabilities, whether foreseeable or not.
1.7 “Materials” means, collectively, all web pages on the Platform, including the information, images, links, sounds, graphics, video, software, applications and other materials displayed or made available on the Platform and the functionalities or services provided on the Platform.
1.8 “Order” means your order for Products sent through the Platform in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of Sale.
1.9 “Password” refers to the valid password that a Customer who has an account with toolsdepot.my may use in conjunction with the Username to access the relevant Platform and/or Services.
1.10 “Personal Data” means data, whether true or not, that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Personal Data can include your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number and credit card information. “Personal Data” shall be deemed to include any data that you have provided to us when placing an Order, regardless of whether you have an account with us.
1.11 “Platform” means (a) both the web and mobile versions of the website operated and/or owned by toolsdepot.my which is presently located at the following URL: www.[Website name].com; and (b) the mobile applications made available from time to time by toolsdepot.my, including the iOS and Android versions.
1.13 “Product” means a product (including any installment of the product or any parts thereof) available for sale to Customers on the Platform.
1.14 “Prohibited Material” means any information, graphics, photographs, data and/or any other material that:
- (a) contains any computer virus or other invasive or damaging code, program or macro;
- (a) infringes any third-party Intellectual Property or any other proprietary rights;
- (b) is defamatory, libellous or threatening;
- (c) is obscene, pornographic, indecent, counterfeited, fraudulent, stolen, harmful or otherwise illegal under the applicable law; and/or
- (d) is or may be construed as offensive and/or otherwise objectionable, in our sole opinion.
1.15 “Services” means services, information and functions made available by us at the Platform.
1.17 “Terms & Conditions of Sale” means the terms and conditions governing a Customer’s purchase of the Products.
1.19 “Trademarks” means the trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos used and displayed on the Platform, including the toolsdepot.my trademark, which is property of Tools Depot Retail Sdn Bhd.
1.20 “Username” refers to the unique login identification name or code which identifies a Customer who has an account with toolsdepot.my.
1.21 “Voucher” means a voucher for credit which may be used by a Customer, subject to other terms and conditions, towards the payment of purchases on the Platform.
1.22 “you” and “your” refer to the individuals over the age of 18 or otherwise under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
Last Updated: January 13, 2014
Terms & Conditions of Sale
1. Definitions & Interpretation
Unless otherwise defined, the definitions and provisions in respect of interpretation set out in Schedule 1 will apply to these Terms & Conditions of Sale.
2. Purchase of Products
2.1 Your compliance: You agree to comply with any and all the guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions pertaining to the purchase of Products through the Platform, as well as any amendments to the aforementioned, issued by [Website name] (whether as part of use of the Platform or in relation to the purchase of Products, on behalf of Seller), from time to time. [Website name] reserves the right to revise these guidelines, notices, operating rules and policies and instructions at any time and you are deemed to be aware of and bound by any changes to the foregoing upon their publication on the Platform.
2.2 Sellers: Products are sold by “Sellers”. [Website name] may be a “Seller” for selected Products. “Seller” may also refer to a party other than toolsdepot.my (such party referred to in these Terms & Conditions of Sale as a “Third Party Vendor”). Whether a particular Product is listed for sale on the Platform by toolsdepot.my or a Third Party Vendor may be stated on the webpage listing that Product. Products sold to you by Sellers will be governed by individual Customer Contracts (more details below in Clause 2.6) which:
- 2.2.1 for Products sold by Third Party Vendors, shall be agreements entered into directly and only between the Third Party Vendor and you; and
- 2.2.2 for Products sold by toolsdepot.my, shall be agreements entered into directly and only between toolsdepot.my and you.
2.3 Product description: While Seller endeavours to provide an accurate description of the Products, neither toolsdepot.my nor Seller warrants that such description is accurate, current or free from error. In the event that the Product you receive is of a fundamentally different nature from the Product as described on the Platform and which you have ordered, Clause 6 of these Terms & Conditions of Sale shall apply.
2.4 Placing your Order: You may place an Order by completing the Order form on the Platform and clicking on the “Submit Order button. Seller will not accept Orders placed in any other manner. You shall be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Order.
2.5 You have the right to cancel your order within twenty-four hours from the time of your order (“Cooling Off Period”). The cancellation must be communicated to toolsdepot.my in writing within the Cooling Off Period. Upon the expiration of the Cooling Off Period, all Orders are irrevocable and unconditional: All Orders will be deemed to be irrevocable and unconditional upon transmission through the Platform and Seller shall be entitled (but not obliged) to process such Order(s) without your further consent and without any further reference or notice to you. Nevertheless, in certain circumstances as stated in Clause 8, you may request to cancel or amend the Order which Seller will endeavour to give effect to on a commercially reasonable effort basis. However, notwithstanding the foregoing, Seller is not obliged to give effect to any request to cancel or amend any Order. The details regarding the cancellation process and policy of toolsdepot.my can be accessed here
2.6 Seller’s reservation of rights in respect of Orders: All Orders shall be subject to Seller’s acceptance in its sole discretion and each Order accepted by Seller (such accepted Order to be referred to as a “Customer Contract”) shall constitute a separate contract. You acknowledge that unless you receive a notice from toolsdepot.my confirming your Order, Seller shall not be party to any legally binding agreements or promises made between Seller and you for the sale or other dealings with the Product(s) and accordingly Seller shall not be liable for any Losses which may be incurred as a result. For the avoidance of doubt, Seller reserves the right to decline to process or accept any Order received from or through the Platform in its absolute discretion.
2.7 Termination by Seller in the event of pricing error: Seller reserves the right to terminate the Customer Contract, in the event that a Product has been mispriced on the Platform, in which event toolsdepot.my shall, on behalf of Seller, notify you of such cancellation by giving three days’ notice. Seller shall have such right to terminate such Customer Contract whether or not Products have been dispatched or are in transit and whether payment has been charged to you. Upon termination of the Customer Contract under this clause, the Seller shall refund the payment charged to you for the Product.
2.8 Product Warranty: The warranties with respect to a Product (“Product Warranty”) sold under a Customer Contract shall be as stated by Seller via the Platform, under the “Specifications” tab in the field “Product Warranty” for the relevant Product, and shall be limited by the terms and conditions therein. The warranties and conditions, remedies for breach of warranty or condition, or other terms stated in the Product Warranty are, unless expressly prohibited by applicable mandatory law, in lieu of all other terms, warranties and conditions, whether expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise. Except as expressly provided in such Product Warranty, Seller excludes (unless expressly prohibited by applicable mandatory law) all other express or implied terms, warranties or conditions with respect to the Products supplied.
2.9 Customer’s acknowledgement: You acknowledge and warrant that you have not relied on any term, condition, warranty, undertaking, inducement or representation made by or on behalf of Seller which has not been stated expressly in a Customer Contract or upon any descriptions or illustrations or specifications contained in any document including any catalogues or publicity material produced by either [Website name] or Seller. You also acknowledge and agree that to the extent allowed under Malaysia law, the exclusion of warranties, exclusion of liability and exclusion of remedies in these Terms & Conditions of Sale and Customer Contracts allocate risks between the parties and permit Seller to provide the Products at lower fees or prices than Seller otherwise could and you agree that such exclusions on liability are reasonable.
2.10 No representations or warranties: Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing Clause 2.9 and to the extent allowed under Malaysia law:
- 2.10.1 no condition is made or to be implied nor is any warranty given or to be implied as to the life or wear of the Products supplied or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose or use under any specific conditions, notwithstanding that such purpose or conditions may be known or made known to Seller;
- 2.10.2 any actions arising from the breach of any warranty or representation, or any right to damages, whether express or implied, shall be extinguished if an action is not brought against [Website name] within six months from the date of delivery, or from the scheduled delivery of the Product.
- 2.10.3 [Website name] shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, intangible losses, and any other type of damages caused by any breach of a Third Party Vendor’s implied or express warranty on the Products;
- 2.10.4 for products shipped internationally, please note that any manufacturer warranty may not be valid; manufacturer service options may not be available; product manuals, instructions and safety warnings may not be in destination country languages; the products (and accompanying materials) may not be designed in accordance with destination country standards, specifications, and labelling requirements;
- 2.10.5 Seller is not liable for any Losses suffered by any third party directly or indirectly caused by repairs or remedial work carried out without [Website name]’s prior written approval and the Customer shall indemnify Seller against all Losses arising out of such claims;
- 2.10.6 Seller shall be under no liability under the above warranty (or any other warranty, condition or guarantee) if the total price for the Products has not been paid in cleared funds by the due date for payment; and
- 2.10.7 To the extent allowed under Malaysia law, Seller shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any defect in the Products arising after the expiry of the applicable Product Warranty, if any.
2.11 Intellectual Property:
- 2.11.1 Unless the prior written consent of [Website name] has been obtained, the Customer shall not remove or alter the trade marks, logos, copyright notices, serial numbers, labels, tags or other identifying marks, symbols or legends affixed to any Products.
- 2.11.2 Where software applications, drivers or other computer programmes and/or all other design details, technical handbooks or manuals, drawing or other data (all collectively referred to as “Product Materials”) are supplied to the Customer by Seller in connection with the Order, the use and retention of the Product Materials are subject to the terms and conditions of license or use (such as end-user licenses, restrictions or conditions of use) as may be prescribed by Seller or its licensors and must not be used other than strictly in accordance with such terms and conditions.
- 2.11.3 The Customer agrees and acknowledges that the Product Materials shall remain the property of Seller or its licensors. The Customer further agrees that any and all Intellectual Property embodied in or relating to the Product Materials shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Seller or its licensors. Unless otherwise expressly provided in the Order or the prior written consent of [Website name] has been obtained, the Customer undertakes to return the Product Materials and/or any copies thereof upon toolsdepot.my’s request.
3. Delivery of Products
3.1 Address: Delivery of the Products shall be made to the address you specify in your Order either by Seller or by toolsdepot.my (or its agents) on behalf of Seller.
3.2 Shipping & packing charges: Shipping and packing charges shall be as set out in the Order.
3.3 Tracking: You may track the status of the delivery at the “Order Tracking” page of the Platform.
3.4 Delivery timeframe: You acknowledge that delivery of the Products is subject to availability of the Products. Seller will make every reasonable effort to deliver the Product to you within the delivery timeframe stated on the relevant page on which the Product is listed, but you acknowledge that while stock information on the Platform is updated regularly, it is possible that in some instances a Product may become unavailable between updates. All delivery timeframes given are estimates only and delays can occur. If the delivery of your Product is delayed Seller will inform you accordingly via e-mail and your Product will be dispatched as soon as it becomes available to Seller. The time for delivery shall not be of the essence, and Seller (nor any of its agents) shall not be liable for any delay in delivery whatsoever caused.
3.5 Deemed receipt: In the event you do not receive the Product by the projected delivery date and provided that you inform toolsdepot.my within 3 days immediately from such projected delivery date, Seller will try, to the best of Seller’s ability, to locate and deliver the Product. If toolsdepot.my does not hear from you within 3 days from such projected delivery date, you shall be deemed to have received the Product subject to your rights under Malaysia law.
3.6 Customer’s failure to take delivery: If the Customer fails to take delivery of the Products (otherwise than by reason of any cause beyond the Customer's reasonable control or by reason of Seller’s fault) then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Seller, Seller may terminate the Customer Contract.
4. Prices of Products
4.1 Listing Price: The price of the Products payable by a Customer shall be the Listing Price at the time at which the Order placed by the Customer is transmitted to Seller (through the Platform).
4.2 Taxes: All Listing Prices are subject to taxes, unless otherwise stated. Seller reserves the right to amend the Listing Prices at any time without giving any reason or prior notice.
5.1 General: You may pay for the Product using any of the payment methods prescribed by toolsdepot.my from time to time. When you place an order, actual payment will be only charged upon Seller’s acceptance of your order and formation of a Customer Contract. All payments shall be made to toolsdepot.my, either accepting payment in its own right or as Seller’s agent (where Seller is a Third Party Vendor). You acknowledge that toolsdepot.my is entitled to collect payments from you on behalf of Third Party Vendors.
5.2 Additional terms: The payment methods may be subject to additional terms as prescribed by toolsdepot.my from time to time.
5.3 Payment methods: You agree that you are subject to the applicable user agreement of your payment method. You may not claim against Seller or any of its agents (which may include toolsdepot.my), for any failure, disruption or error in connection with your chosen payment method. toolsdepot.my reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any payment method without notice to you or giving any reason.
5.4 Invoicing: Seller may invoice you upon the due date of any payment under a Customer Contract.
5.5 Failure to pay: If the Customer fails to make any payment pursuant to the terms and conditions of the payment method elected or payment is cancelled for any reason whatsoever, then without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to Seller, Seller shall be entitled to cancel the Customer Contract or suspend delivery of the Products until payment is made in full.
5.6 Refund of Payment:
- 5.6.1 All refunds shall be made via the original payment mechanism and to the person who made the original payment, except for Cash on Delivery, where refunds will be made via bank transfer or store credit into the individual’s bank account provided that complete and accurate bank account details are provided to us.
- 5.6.2 We offer no guarantee of any nature for the timeliness of the refunds reaching your account. The processing of payment may take time and it is subject to the respective banks and/or payment provider internal processing timeline.
- 5.6.3 All costs associated with the refund process imposed by the processing bank and/or payment provider shall be borne by us.
- 5.6.4All refunds are conditional upon our acceptance of a valid return of the Product.
- 5.6.5 We reserve the right to modify the mechanism of processing refunds at any time without notice.
- 5.6.6. The guidelines regarding the refunds process of toolsdepot.my can be accessed here.
6.1 Return Policy: All returns must be done in accordance with the instructions set out in the Return Policy here
. Seller is not obliged to agree to any return unless all such instructions are followed to Seller’s and toolsdepot.my’s satisfaction. Should Seller agree to the return, Seller will deliver the replacement Product to your specified address.
6.2 Permitted returns: Subject to Clause 6.1, within 14 days for items covered under Satisfaction Guaranteed, and 7 days for items covered under 100% Buyer Protection, from the date of delivery of the Product, you may return a Product when you:
- 6.2.1 receive a product that is fundamentally different in nature from the Product specified in the Customer Contract;
- 6.2.2 receive a faulty or damaged Product;
- 6.2.3 receive a product that is not as advertised on the platform;
- 6.2.4 wrong item is delivered;
- 6.2.5 receive a product that has missing parts/items; or
- 6.2.6 receive a product that does not fit (for fashion items).
6.3 Repair, replacement or price reduction: As an alternative to returning faulty or damaged Products under Clause 6.2, a Customer may request for a repair or replacement of such Products. Such request shall be irrevocable upon notification of the request to toolsdepot.my and the Customer may not later elect for a return under Clause 6.2. Where the Products have not been repaired or replaced within a reasonable time, toolsdepot.my may, at its sole discretion, grant to the Customer a reduction of the price in proportion to the reduced value of the Products, provided that under no circumstance shall such reduction exceed 15 per cent. (15%) of the price of the affected Products. Upon repair, replacement or price reduction being made as aforesaid, the Customer shall have no further claim against Seller.
6.4 Replacement Products: When toolsdepot.my has provided replacement Products or given the Customer a refund, the non-conforming Products or parts thereof shall become Seller’s property and upon request such Products or parts thereof should be shipped back to Seller.
6.5 Risk of damage or loss: Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Customer at the time of delivery, or if the Customer wrongfully fails to take delivery of the Products, the time when Seller (via toolsdepot.my or toolsdepot.my’s agents) has tendered delivery of the Products.
6.6 In cases where the customer refuses to take possession of the product without sufficient cause or justification, or returns the item without sufficient cause or justification, as provided under Clause 6, toolsdepot.my will safely keep the item for a period of fifteen (15) days, reckoned from the date toolsdepot.my receives the product from customer. After the lapse of such period, the product or item is deemed abandoned by customer, and toolsdepot.my or Seller may dispose of the product or item. Notwithstanding the foregoing, toolsdepot.my will use its best efforts to return the product to the Customer within the time frame provided.
7. Questions and complaints
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact toolsdepot.my using the “Contact Us” page on the Platform. toolsdepot.my will liaise with Sellers on your questions and complaints.
8.1 Cancellation by you: You may cancel the Customer Contract before Seller dispatches the Products under such Customer Contract by written notice to toolsdepot.my at ”Contact Us” page on the Platform, subject to Clause 2.5. If the Products have already been dispatched, you may not cancel the Customer Contract but may only return the Products in accordance with Clause 6.
8.2 Cancellation by Seller: Without prejudice to any other right of termination elsewhere in these Terms & Conditions of Sale, Seller, or toolsdepot.my acting on Seller’s behalf, may stop any Products in transit, suspend further deliveries to the Customer and/or terminate the Customer Contract with immediate effect by written notice to the Customer on or at any time after the occurrence of any of the following events:
- 8.2.1 the Products under the Customer Contract being unavailable for any reason;
- 8.2.2 the Customer being in breach of an obligation under the Customer Contract;
- 8.2.3 the Customer passing a resolution for its winding up or a court of competent jurisdiction making an order for the Customer’s winding up or dissolution;
- 8.2.4 the making of an administration order in relation to the Customer or the appointment of a receiver over or an encumbrancer taking possession of or selling any of the Customer’s assets; or
- 8.2.5 the Customer making an arrangement or composition with its creditors generally or applying to a Court of competent jurisdiction for protection from its creditors.